Saturday, July 05, 2008

Stuff from Japan and Singapore

So we went to Japan and Singapore last year and I haven't posted anything yet, so here's a random sample.

This was early on in the trip near Ueno or Asakusa. Just a regular street with regular people following instructions.

This is a picture of Himeji-jo. That place was far too photogenic. I took a lot of photos there.


This is one of the posts of ichi-no-tori (if we read the map correctly) in Nara. It's supposedly one of the oldest recorded/documentable gates in the country.


Here's a taste of Singapore from the shopping centre we were waiting in before heading over to Sentosa.


I also had to try one of the local desserts (and what would my blog be like without food photos anyway?). In Japan I had sweet potato flavoured soft serve amongst other delights, but here I got to try something in a natural shade of green. Well, I liked it.


4 comments:

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

Pudding of Purest Green...

yes, but what *was* it?

anti ob said...

Mr Snerg, the number of things on which I would happily take your advice is legion - beer, wine, coffee, whiskey, chillies just to name a few - but I have eaten of your pizza-flavoured cheeze-product-filled pretzels and drunk from your chalice of Turkyrita; obscure foodstuffs does not make the list. The mysteeeerious orient is full of tasty foods for dinner - and you might as well fill up, because they apparently can't make desert for toffee. That colour does not inspire me to shift that opinion one iota...

MrSnerg said...

heheh Hi Mr Ob! Okay... so there are some strange things I consume from time to time... to answer your questions, it is in fact a variation on Ice Kachang which you will see translated a number of ways but generally involved shaved ice, red beans and some other stuff. The usual recipe was something I had in Darwin involving sweet corn, jelly, lychee and possibly other stuff all sitting under the ice with cordial and condensed milk on top. The green stuff in this one was some kind of jelly but unfortunately I can't remember what it was.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

so.

the consensus is vomit, right?