Thursday, June 26, 2008

More of Mudgee because I can!

We stayed at the lovely Horatio which didn't have a stovetop that we could use. Well, with necessity and optimism (sadly the optimism wasn't mine), there was no desperation at all.

Amazingly it actually worked!

This was a view on the way back of the vast plains and vast wine.


This is how you control weeds organically. Black faced Suffolk are the brains of the operation.

This is the view from Windamere dam where we had lunch (tasty pizza leftovers from Lithgow. Who knew Lithgow had good pizza?)


That'll do for now!

3 comments:

anti ob said...

I love that I'm not the only one who travels with a stove-top espresso maker. If I'm not baggage-limited, I usually bring the camp stove as well. I need a line on a good hand-cranked bean grinder though - crushing them with an empty wine bottle on a cutting board was really only partly successful...

MrSnerg said...

Sadly we weren't baggage-limited but luckily had the cunning plan of pre-grinding the coffee before we got there. I was a little worried when all we had was a barbecue but apparently we can make us a tonne of coffee this way if we wanted.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

thank goodness you were sitting in the shallow end, otherwise your coffee might've gotten wet ;-)