Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yay for funky birthday outings!


Destructomeg took me on a great outing for my birthday! It all started with bacon and egg rolls with BBQ sauce in the comfort of our own home. After that, we took a train in to the city, and then went to Cockatoo Island which has some of the Biennale stuff on it. Spent some hours there (there was lots to see). We then went back to the city and stopped in at the history of Sydney Pubs at the Sydney Justice & Police Museum before being whisked away to a fabulous dinner at Sander's restaurant in Cabarita. There's a few photos of the day which I might put up on Flickr, but in the mean time, here's some that I've tried to paste together. They are all taken from Cockatoo Island.

I am going to grumble about the quality of them. I have some trouble at the moment with the exposure blending, and the last one shows that lining up the photos at the taking them stage is also a lot harder than I realised. Anyway, here they are:



4 comments:

Mayela said...

Hooray! I went to Cockatoo Island yesterday but plan to go back againsoon, certainly didn't leave myself enough time there... and the storm that rolled over cut our visit short too.

Glad you had a fab time, sounds smashing!

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Love the panoramas. Are you having fun with them?

Wonderful, happily birthdays to you. Sounds like a wonderful day!

MrSnerg said...

Thanks guys! Was fabulous! Definitely recommend an outing to Cockatoo Island. We spent between 3 and 4 hours on the Island and didn't see all of it.

Definitely also enjoying the panorama action :-) Trying to capture an enormous vista is a bit challenging and learning to drive the software is also fun.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

happy birthday Snergomatic :-)