Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Picking at the carcass

This morning I drove to Smithfield to the auction house were my ex-car is currently housed. Was an interesting experience (well, getting there was fun too...) and it was an odd deeling to see the car in more detail. The thieves had popped open the bottom of the steering column and the key mechanism was entirely exposed. Apparently, according to the auction house, NRMA had not sent the keys through. I was a bit suspicious of the "popping it in the internal mail bag and hoping for the best" approach they had. Not that it really mattered, given the state of the ignition.

So what was left in the car? Almost everything. A few things missing included umbrella, brand new sunshade, cheap-arsed toolkit and matching cheap-arsed air compressor. What was there was my chuck in the car wool blankets, and... my inherited from Aveline large aluminium ex-army frying pan. Woohoo!

8 comments:

Cozalcoatl said...

why does the NRMA own it now? Seems wierd or did i read it wrong?

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

if your insurance company pays you out, they own the car and do what they will with it, Cozzie.


and WOOHOO for the frying pan. it's a great frying pan. many good memories of festival :) btw Snerg, have you heard from Aveline lately? I sent her an email last week and haven't heard back yet. not surprising I guess.

DV said...

I hate to ask, but why do you have a frying pan in the back of your car??
never know when you may need to fry up some bacon and eggs on the side of the road?

MrSnerg said...

Speedy: Alas, no news of Aveline.

DV: I think you've already answered the question yourself.

Destructomeg said...

That's right Mz DV!

mmmm nummy bacon and eggs. with tomato, sausages and tinned spaghetti.

DV said...

no tomatoe for me please and instead of tinned spaghetti can I have some baked beans in ham sauce.And some yummy mushroos and english spinach if I'm in a fancy pants mood

MrSnerg said...

Don't see why not... it is a large frying pan after all!

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

then grate some cheese over the lot...


ooh can we do that some weekend? let's do that 'brekkie in a pan' thing that Meg had somewhere sometime. everyone can choose what goes into their pan and we can bake them all in the oven at the same time. or something.