Monday, January 12, 2009

My day in the kitchen.

This was the lovely set of drawers our kitchen came with:



As you can see, the middle drawer wasn't a drawer, and the drawers were so tight (mmm, chipboard) that the knobs couldn't pull the drawers:


So they had to go:Then for the Pikea:


Luckily I had preassembled the Pikea otherwise I don't think I would have had enough time to do it today.
Et voila:
The toll included one hammer:
a couple of bent jigsaw blades, and a few trips to the hardware store. I also put sealant between the benchtop and sink and between the benchtop and wall. Not neat, but should at least stop it leaking everywhere in to the chipboard. Breaking the hammer gave me a good excuse to buy a fubar. I also wish I had bought the jigsaw earlier as it would have got me through one of the early bits faster.

No comments: