Saturday, April 21, 2007

Festival recap, or: Why haven't I posted the photos up already?

We camped at the festival site from the Saturday night before festival, all the way through to the Tuesday afterwards. Obviously this led to the need to wash some clothes during the week, which lead to a re-purposing of some finely crafted fire-implements.

The guild hall, although taking quite some time to build, is looking pretty good so far.

Mmmmm. Sunsets. Mmmmmm hammocks. When their powers combine:
Yay team Rowany! Alright so it looks like I'm just standing there but I'm sure I was doing something very, very important.

So how dusty was festival? This dusty:
Not sure you can quite make it out in the next photo, but we did get up to some attempts at glass-blowing at festival. Why? Ummm.... not quite sure why we did it but it amused us for hours. Unfortunately none of the "works" survived.


In my next exciting post I'll put up pictures of the Tuesday morning which was fantastically foggy. At least thats what I plan to do when I'm next avoiding doing my assignment.

6 comments:

anti ob said...

Yay glass-blowing; always wanted to try that. What'd you use for a blowing tube.

MrSnerg said...

We used a tent pole as the blowing tube. Turns out it's slightly too big for putting into the neck of a beer bottle, but you can get away with it if you are patient. The best one I managed was making a throwdown bottle (250ml) more spherical. Unfortunately we didn't know what we were doing, so all of the results shattered on cooling down. On the other hand, we're almost inspired to try it properly next time :)

Mousicles said...

Ah. The things bored drunken people around a fire can get up too. We have a mess of metal here which was Topsy's first forging effort... He was bored drunk and had a particularly good fire and a handy spit and water bucket for quenching....

MrSnerg said...

Heh. Amusingly enough I was there for that! It spawned grand plans of lets have people forge stuff at festival as a competition, just to hear the hammers ring out at night. It actually still sounds like a good idea.

Mz. B.Trousers said...

How did the lots-a-photos turn out?
I've been waiting, stinkiy breath and all...

MrSnerg said...

I'm afraid the fish-baited breath will have to continue a little. Life's a bit hectic right now, but the photos do exist. I've had a chat to the guy with the video tools so now I need to decide on format, size and frames per second.