Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Where, oh where has our Aveline gone?

On the weekend, the world became a less rich place. Aveline passed away and we are the poorer for it. She gave so much, and had so much more to give.


I was honoured to have her as a part of my life for so long. She was at my 21st. She was at my 30th. She was the matriarch of my Household.

I will write more and link to a lot more once my brain is a little more in order... This post is a work in progress.

DestructoMeg and I were fortunate enough to spend some time with Aveline rummaging through Glebe Markets, and chatting around the BBQ on her last trip to Sydney. DestructoMeg summarised the whole thing really well last night.

I have been keeping up with the posts on ForBattle! and trying to keep up with everything else on Kitling's livejournal, let alone the collection of online tributes. I'm still finding it difficult to write.

6 comments:

DV said...

Oooh, she was at my 21st as well. Scared the hell out of the nice lass from work.
Although, the next day work lass commented that she was a lot nicer than you'd expect.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

lovely Snergling :-)

Cozalcoatl said...

Hugs all...
Mike and Laura remembered her from Rowany. We raise a beer.

anti ob said...

Hang in there dude. She was an icon, a monster, a hero, and a fierce bright shiny thing. The world indeed got a bit grayer. But sad as we all are, the last thing Aveline would have put up with was people moping over her; have a fierce bright day in her honour instead.

MrSnerg said...

DV: heh yeah she was great at pushing peoples boundaries on expectation for that 'don't judge a book by its cover' thing.

Ob: You are right. Darn tootin'. Have to try to channel grief into more constructive and creative things and find more funky things to do in her honour. We had a good night out last night going to some of her old haunts from when she used to come up to Sydney. Was great :) I think that sort of stuff helps a lot.

And thanks guys for all your support! It means a lot to me.

DV said...

We support you because we love you.

man I'm getting sappy in my old age :)