Saturday, September 17, 2011

Gin sours are very tasty!

So I was out with some lovely friends last night, and at the Union Hotel in Newtown, we hit the cocktails. Started with Martinis, moved on to Manhattans, but then I wanted something else gin-based that wasn't pink and fluffy.
After a bit of a conversation with the lovely bar staff, we agreed on attempting a gin sour. I'm writing this here because it was absolutely awesome. To balance out the Tanqueray, there was some Cointreau added as well. Add lemon, eggwhite (whisked of course), and sugar syrup and you get 11 different kinds of delicious. I need to recreate that. When I do, I'll put up the recipe here.


2 comments:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

I'd be a very happy taste-tester!

Krin said...

ooooh! Lovely. I've recently been enjoying Amaretto sours at the Opera Bar, and then had my first whisky sour at The Green Room on Enmore Road last Friday night.

That place does interesting twists on cocktail ingredients, for instance their sugar syryp is spiced with cloves, cardamon and cinnamon - Yum!!